Hagen Law Firm is a team of five legal professionals consisting of :
- Michael S. Hagen, an experienced, AV-rated attorney practicing law in Florida since 1985;
- Lisa George, our knowledgeable Associate Attorney, focusing on estate planning and probate and practicing law in GA/FL since 1987;
- Judy Prowl, a skilled real estate Paralegal with 20+ years of high-level closings and title insurance experience;
- Laurie Anderson, our accomplished bookkeeper; and
- Janet Hagen, our personable receptionist/admin. assistant.
Many of our clients come to us for a specific matter; however, we offer a range of legal services to suit your needs. Our primary services include:
- Real Estate Transactions: Hagen Law Firm is a full-service real estate firm working with sellers, buyers and realtors. We offer Attorneys’ Title Fund / Olde Republic title insurance and real estate and mortgage loan closings, seller or buyer representation, drafting of contracts, deeds, leases, and code enforcement assistance. We are highly versed in FSBO representation.
- Real Estate Disputes & Litigation: We negotiate, mediate and litigate (on a selective basis, focusing on cases that should be informally resolvable) real estate disputes, such as foreclosures, evictions, co-ownership disputes, and contract & deposit disputes;
- Estate Planning: Hagen Law assists in achieving estate planning objectives, including drafting trusts, wills, powers of attorney, updating existing documents, reviewing out-of-state estate plans for new residents, transferring assets, and conveying real estate. Most people have NO estate plan whatsoever. Attorneys Hagen and George create customized, affordable estate plans to meet clients’ needs.
- Probate: When a family member dies owning assets in their sole name, those assets become part of their estate. A Florida probate case is required in order to release FL assets from the estate into the beneficiaries’ hands. In a probate case either a formal or summary (“simple”) administration is filed, and the court oversees paying creditors and distributing assets according to the Will or, if there is no Will (“intestate), then according to FL law. Attorneys Hagen and George work with the personal representative to expedite and streamline this important, often emotional, crucial process on a fair flat fee basis.
- Business Law: Need to incorporate, require business law advice or buying or selling a business? Hagen Law Firm can form your new corporation or LLC or can transact that
business sale or purchase.
- Property Tax Appeals: Mr. Hagen (the former Lee Co. Property Appraiser attorney) employs 29 years of experience to reduce assessed values and cut property tax bills via his wholly-owned affiliate & has litigated 100s of these hearings & court cases, TaxCuts1, Inc. Hagen also represents owners in AG, homestead and other exemption matters, and has authored numerous property tax articles.
Other Matters: For legal matters outside of Hagen Law’s fields of practice, we ALWAYS endeavor to provide the names of qualified attorneys in that area of law. Please call Hagen Law Firm, Today!